frangipani

frangipani twist

November 4th, 2011

I managed to hang myself through a series of busy days into Friday: fragrantly creative Friday and photo taking Friday and texting Friday. I will -finally!- touch the composition for INGRID again, one of the portraits of Woman’s Picture, and inspiration for a fragrance that we will launch 2013, and add a twist. A frangipani twist.

I have been thinking on the Ingrid composition for a long time now. I had it one for weeks now, in the night, during the day. The base of the fragrance is finished. It lasts and evolves wonderfully. The core axis are fine, too. It fits with what I want it to be, but there is something rotten and wrong there. I have a trial version that is call Version 2nd of August. Since then I tried about 6 or so different routes but none brought me there where I see the scent, in perfection, for Ingrid. It took me a while to find a good source for the frangipani absolute, but now I got it, a first 50 gr sample to work with and do a pre-batch if needed. I will use the frangipani absolute to sooth and correct one line in the scent that was odd. It was not sexy enough. And a bit odd. Hard to describe. The notes of the composition, that is quite complex, are: a citrus chord of Bergamot, sweet orange and lemon, with complementing notes of cinnamon, clove, lavender. The flower heart is now a super complex hyacinth, jasmine, rose.  This will change to hyacinth, frangipani, rose, the base is a rich oriental resinous base of tolu, vanilla, sandalwood, styrax and hints of cistus balms. Thus, today’s  photo shows you what I will smell and mix in an hour: frangipani. I actually took the picture a couple of years ago in Kenya.

Photos: I will try to make a nice photo of the Cologne du Maghreb flacon, using all I know and a bit more of Photoshop, too. The Cologne du Magreb is packed and shipped to indiescents.com.  I will talk about this venture a bit more in detail over the weekend, I guess. Bottom line: I need a photo and PR text for this all natural and all botanical baby of mine that I love so much.

And yes, I have never in my entire life shipped so many perfumes out like during the last 3 weeks. And I have never packed so many perfume bottles and I actually never filled so many perfume bottles. So this was good. But, there is a but. We face a stock issue (again) and I think 2012 will see some changes on how we do things here.  This is good, I think.

15 Responses to “frangipani twist”

1. Persolaise says:

A stock issue? That sounds worrying.

Good luck with everything you want to achieve today. Ingrid sounds extremely complex. Can’t wait to meet her one day.

fragrant greetings Persolaise
    stock issue = a constant battle between cash flow and readiness for delivery.
    a balance act, and sometimes, the balance tips in one or the other direction. we run out of Le Maroc pour elle for three weeks :-)
    Now we run out of Carillon pour un ange. 4 packed bottles left for two weeks….
    But there is not a reason for worries . All fine here in tauerville.

3. kannalz says:

Dear Andy Ingrid has so many beautiful facets.
    The flowery heart sounds delicious and
    the support of such a powerful oriental base
    is needed to such a beautiful bouquet.
    Can’t wait to enter in contact with her:
    she seems my kind ;-)

Dear Cristiano
    yes, the many different aspects make it a difficult fragrance to create. You would and will love Ingrid!

5. Olfacta says:

Frangipani is perfect for Ingrid!

Let’s hope for best, Olfacta
    but yes, at some point it stroke me as being the right thing to try. Very much so…. Have a nice Friday!

7. Melissa says:

I was lucky enough to live in Hawaii for a few years when I was a kid and back again for my honeymoon. One of my favorite memories from both trips is the frangipani/Plumeria. I’ve never smelled a flower that made such an impression. Will love to smell Ingrid’s use of the scent. I know in your hands it will be something wonderful!!

Fragrant greetings, Melissa
    here, in Ingrid, I think it will not be very dominant. Present, but not dominant. but everytime I smell Frangipani absolute, I think : This needs to become a perfume. It is wonderful. And so inspiring as a material.

Paul McCartney`s “Coming Up!“ for you today!! Maybe Peggy Lee`s “Fever“ for Ingrid – she sounds sensually lush!! As in `Whoaaaaa mama!!`:-)

10. jen says:

Hi Andy, Oh I can’t wait for this one–we have a frangipani white tree just outside our front door and when it blooms it smells so pretty. Did you know that only the white ones have fragrance, the pink don’t.

11. Stephan says:

Hello Andy, what coincidence that you should mention Le Maroc pour Elle today, when I’m spending a dreamy day with this lovely fragrance. And as for frangipani, the real flower looks and smells beautiful, but I don’t know anything about the absolute. Have a nice weekend.

12. Pär says:

I don’t know anything about how this frangipani flower smells, but the Ingrid fragrance sounds very intriguing. Very interesting to see how all these notes will come together and what it will bring us. Oh well, tonight I will be making spring rolls, surrounded by the colour of pentawhite. It’s the perfect time of year for this I reckon.

Hope you’re all having a good weekend…

13. Natalie says:

It sounds like you have many things to be doing and taking care of right now. I was worried too about the stock issue, but I’m glad to see via your comment to Persolaise that all is right in Tauerville. :)

14. Mary says:

Hello Andy, While you are busy with Ingrid, I am waiting for the sample pack from Lucky scent with Miriam!!!! I do hope it will arrive this week and I will let you know when I’ve tried it. Cannot wait!! Tip of the day: nake a list of Tauer fans who are willing to help you pack etc. etc Pleasure and work combined in Tauerville!!!!! Have a nice sunday and keep finding the balance between work and relaxation!!

15. mary says:

“Nake” a list should ofcourse be “Make” sorry!!!