Yesterday, while jogging through wine-yards under the most gentle October sun you can imagine, I figured that there are other modes of creative survival possible , just in case folks would stop supporting my perfumery venture, or I would get bored doing scented objects.
I jogged and figured that I would probable start developing my scanning pleasure and work my way through there. I love to scan flowers, and one of these days , I thought, I want to further develop this. Maybe my thinking about scanners was initiated by my meeting the scent eating monster on Friday afternoon. The scent eating monster is this strange creature that you encounter when mixing. It eats things you put into a mixture. Without leaving traces of it. When composing you encounter it quite frequently. … my encounter with it lead to disappearance of sandalwood. I worked on an optimized linden blossom, or better: I thought I could bring in a twist by adding a bit of a salicylate (think powder). And then the scent eating monster came by. Bottom line: No salicylates in this one. If you are interested in the linden blossom experiments that Mandy Aftel and I share: Here is the link (again) to Nathan Branch’s blog. I will see that I find some time this week to write and share again where I am there…
Anyhow: I will continue where I stopped the other day, making more soaps. And thinking on this year’s advent calendar and working on 2011’s launches. Right now, when finished with this short post, I will order some fragrant materials that I need for the scents coming in autumn 2011. And while wrapping soaps, I will figure out what to do in this year’s advent calendar, starting December 1.
And with this I leave you for today, enjoy today’s picture, scanned yesterday.