andytauer

on pictures of me, dog and others

October 3rd, 2011

As I have stated yesterday, we are digging deep into autumn these days. And autumn comes with brochures and inlays in newspapers and magazines. Kashmir, woolen things, and happy folks wearing mostly English warm cuddly garment under a great spring sun. Spring, because they do the shooting in spring. And with every booklet more of happy folks smiling in their immaculate pullovers showing the biceps and what you have:  I remember that I need to get a new tauer picture done.

I have this lovely wonderful picture that you see to the left, made by Tina Steinauer a while ago for Schweizer Illustrierte. I need new photos. I sort of outgrew this one. But this is not easy, as I am not sure how to present myself. Serious, smiling, me or me and nature, me and flowers, me frontal, me from the side, me sitting, sniffing (oh no! all those stupid sniffing pictures…) me walking….difficult! Thus , I came upon this inlay featuring body wear for HIM. And there I really started wondering. You know, you have this guy in his new sleeping dress, all blue, with long legs and I wonder who wears this anyhow. I mean, who at his age (like 28). And then the way he presents this piece. He is in some sort of shower, bath environment and he walks. Right into your face. One step more and he is there in front of you. He walks the way you walk when you conquer the world. One step more and it is all mine. Yes! Or at least he walks into the bedroom and takes whatever he finds there. This makes me wondering more. I mean…who ends up buying these things. Is it the women of the men wearing it? Then the add makes sense. Yes, a dream of him stepping out of the bathroom right  into the bedroom. But I would guess it must mostly be men buying their body wear. Right? Most of them are probably not gay guys, so what do they think when they buy it? I mean, the message is just wrong. too much energy in there for something you wear when you are tired and want to go to bed.

I kept looking into the hunter eyes (facing me), the pose (on the move) for a while and now I know: I will get a non-walking picture done of myself. Just to be on the safe side. Something more static, like the poodle picture that follows. It is our guest dog. I upload this for Jen. Enjoy!

15 Responses to “on pictures of me, dog and others”

1. Vladimir says:

People share on those who loves dogs and those who loves cats. I most likely concern those who loves cats :-)
    Dear Andy, you guest dog – is charming!

I think, dear Vladimir, I am more a dog man :-)
    thank you for your compliments on our guest dog!

3. Sebastiano says:

Ahah, I don’t know if it’s an effect of the picture but this dog seems to have a SO human face! That’s funny!
    About the ad I feel that PR agencies still tend to put the concept of “energy” and “power” in every campaign concerning man stuff. That’s a little old fashioned and belongs to the middle 20th century. I think society stepped further and they should understand it as soon as possibile.

4. ANDY says:

hehehe… Sebastiano
    I feel you are on a good track. energy and power are sort the ever campaign man thing :-)
    This dog is more human than you would think, indeed :-)

5. jen says:

Oh Andy, your guest poodle is just adorable. I want to reach through the screen and give him a big hug! Thank you for posting a photo! And in terms of your new photo, what about one with you in the Swiss outdoors? I know hiking is a big part of where you get your perfume inspirations and do a lot of your thinking. Not one with you looking all rugged and tough, but one with you in an amazing backdrop that reflects what’s important to you. I hope you and your sweeeeet guest poodle (those eyes!) have a great day!

6. ANDY says:

Thank you Jen! I was thinking about lying in a summer Swiss alp flower field and getting photos done from top…
    I will tell the poodle and sure she will hug you back :-)

7. Eva K. says:

Hallo Andy,

bei Deinen Fotoüberlegungen fiel mir doch das Foto von Yves Saint Laurent, das 1971 Jeanloup Sieff gemacht hat, ein. Vielleicht auch eine Idee oder des Pudels Kern? *grins*

Viele Grüße aus dem Norden, Eva

8. ANDY says:

Olala,…. Eva, das gäbe sicher viel zu reden. Aber ich denke, das Adamskostüm hätte ich vor ein paar Jahren tragen sollen :-)

9. Elizabeth W says:

Hi Andy,

I love the one of you smiling here, but maybe you are tired of it? I like Jen’s idea about the Alpen flowers. Have a wonderful day!

10. Persolaise says:

I really like that picture of you, but I know what you mean. ‘Outgrown’ is the right word, somehow.

Whatever photo you decide to take, you need to make sure it features your smile. That’s one of your most photogenic assets, if you don’t mind my saying so. Your smile is always really warm, very open, and just a tiny bit cheeky ;-)

11. ANDY says:

you know, Persolaise
    I always imagine a big steak when looking into the camera :-)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! :-) “How Much is that Doggie in the Window?“ And George Michael`s “I Want Your Sex“ for the blue photo-ed, blue-garbed for not -very- long fellow…

13. angie says:

Andy any picture of a man in a big snuggly sweater I’ll love as I knit. I don’t think men wear pyjamas now and that ad. sounds very off-putting. You and your smile are enough as a warmth comes through .

14. Julie Ellen says:

Hello Andy — how funny to read your post and realize that I am going through the same thing regarding a new photo. A promotion at work requires my photo for the website and I am going a little crazy trying to decide how I need to look to match both me and what people think I should be for this job!! I’ll let you know how it all works out!! I am in love with your guest dog and would steal him/her? away if I could. Have fun in LA

15. tsaiwren says:

WOW, You are a handsome guy and your dog too!