redberries-TEASER

palette day

August 24th, 2010

It is strange. You think about it, prepare for it, see it coming with eyes wide open . Yet, once it is here, you are amazed. Today, we continue making more samples for the Italian perfume exhibition Pitti Fragranze, and assembling everything for the two palettes that the truck is going to pick up tomorrow.  We work with Schenker and as these guys are reliable, we know that by 10 am the palettes need to be ready.

Another amazing development, that I think about, see it coming with open eyes and that totally amazes me every year: Autumn is getting here. The light has changed, the mornings are different, the fruits ripening on the bushes and trees. EEEK! Summer is almost over. In a sense, it feels like Tauer’s fruits will be ripe by Pitti. Let us hope they survive the transport.

Talking berries and fruits. Here’s another information bit on the EAU D’ÉPICES. One of the axis being spices, it features in one of is corners cinnamon (essential oil), being part of a spicy head notes bouquet. Cinnamon is strictly restricted and I stick to the recommendations there (as it is a sensitizer, sensitizing your skin). I use a couple of molecules to pump it up, one of them: ETHYLCINNAMATE. This molecule smells like cinnamon, red berries and is somewhat sweet. By its red berries tonality it softens the spices’ harsh corners and it supports the cinnamon. You see… a lot of  strands to follow.

I was talking about WEB corners, and AXES, and HEAD/HEART/BODY notes a lot. I will come back to these different ways of looking into a construction.  But not today!; today is palette day.

7 Responses to “palette day”

1. Persolaise says:

Europe is lamenting the end of summer and the people of India are looking forward to the end of the monsoon. I wonder if anyone’s ever tried to compile an encyclopedia of all the ‘cycles’ we use to give a structure to our days.

2. Julie Ellen says:

Good Morning Andy and thank you for fixing the problem…I am back on your blog! Yeah! I was just thinking this weekend that the end of summer is coming. Like you, I noticed the light changing–it is still hot has hell, but the days are growing shorter. I look forward to your posts from Pitti and hope you will share the latest “fragrant news” with us. Bon voyage.

3. jen says:

Hi Andy, Oh how I miss autumn; it is my favorite season! Sigh. And out of curiosity do you think when you have finished describing the complete “web” of Eau d’epices that you could post a picture diagram of the web for those of us who are more visual? That may be asking too much because I know you are so busy, but I thought I’d ask. :) Have a great day.

4. waftbyCarol says:

I am very much looking forward to smelling eau d’Epices !
    For your info – in this context , it is spelled pallet , as in a shipping pallet .
    Palette would be the artist palette for paints , or the perfumer’s palette ( organ ) .

Persolaise:Do you know the short story by Stanislaw Lem “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem_XIV” , in German it is “also sprach Golem”. Golem sure counted the cycles. And if he had a mind he’d shaken it. …

Must read!

I am glad we could solve the trouble, Julie Ellen, and I hope you find time to register to the newsletter , too. …

Oh, Jen, do not worry. Actually, I thought this would be a nice project to draw it up and think about it, privately and later publicly. The web picture is a great way of expressing complexity: I am happy that you follow me on my excursions….

And finally a big Thank You! to you, WaftbyCarol. I guess, you are very right and I am a terrible wrong and a “doesn’t worry about typos-guy”….yes, it should be palett. oups, no pallet. ;-)
    Thank you!

Persolaise, we ask alike! :-) Helloooo Julie Ellen – we miss you! :-) The only sign of Fall in the Atl is high`s in the LOW 90`s, and it dips to the upper 60`s at nite; a pinch less of that healthy humidity! Another very good read on Eau de Epices – thank you! What kinds of birds devour the berries from your plants? Ours are local cardinals and transient flocks of cedar waxwings!

Good morning Hotlanta
    the berries are sort of “average bird food”. I am no birdy, but know that they eat in late autumn this orange berries, that grow around the house.
    enjoy your day!