almondtree

almond blooming

March 26th, 2012

Before I talk on what I do today and tomorrow: THANK YOU! For your great support of the Kickstarter campaign for our film project ONLY CHILD. Now are the last days if you want to make sure to get your hands on my fragrance DARK PASSAGE  that is only available through this campaign, and only for these last three days left. And , by the way, you can always upgrade your existing pledge.

And me, I am back from Paris, and head south for Milan for a day tomorrow.  This time, in anticipation of Esxence, I am doing a donkey transport across the alps south and the donkey is me and transports the super nice and shiny and all so elegant Tableau de Parfums display for the shop in Milan. I think I mentioned this in one of my posts a while ago. I want the perfumery Profumo at via Brera  6 to have it installed when the Esxence starts and a lot of perfumery owners and perfume lovers are in the town.

Below you see the first draft that I made to communicate my idea. Basically, it is a frame, holding an LCD display, with a little table holding a perfume flacon. Today I picked them up, and soon a little fortune will be gone from my bank account. I do not really know whether this display will make sense from a pure commercial point of view. But it makes from an artistic point of view. I allows us to communicate and talk, with little movies, what Miriam, what Tableau de Parfums and what Evelyn Avenue is all about. And we can introduce the fragrance.

Tomorrow, or rather the day after tomorrow I hope to be able to share a picture of the display installed and “running”.

Today’s picture on the left shows you a picture reminding me of the south. An almond tree in bloom. Seen in the Zurich area, yesterday, blooming under an immaculate blue sky. Wonderful!

23 Responses to “almond blooming”

1. Dawn F says:

Can’t wait to sample Dark Passage

Oh, Thank you, Dawn F!

3. Bettina says:

I like the picture of the almond tree in bloom. Brings back memories from my childhood. We had a good number of almond trees in the garden. I liked the others in bloom as well(cherry and apple). Almond though was my favorite. Okay and of course lilac in both colors. Can’t wait for the smell of lilac in nature. Have a nice trip Andy.

Yes, Bettina, I can’t wait for Lilacs in bloom either. It feels every time like plants going crazy for a week. :-)

The design is good!! Translating into real life is always trick-y :-) Lilacs and almonds??? Perfume PLEASE!!!! Timbuk3`s “The Future`s So Bright, I Gotta Wear SHADES!!“ :-) Safe Journey!!!!!!!!!!!

6. AromaX says:

Today checked the Kickstarter and saw that the amount needed was achieved! So, congratulations with a succeeded project!

Blossoming fruit trees means to me that the spring has definitely started :)

Enjoy Milan and success there!

7. Devon H says:

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I’m so glad the goal was reached and then some, and that I could contribute :-) can’t wait to see the film and sniff the scents! I absolutely LOVE Miriam so I am very excited to smell Loretta and of course Dark Passage.

Your display sounds wonderful, showing some “modern” with your art. I’m sure it will only do even more good things for you! :) have fun in Italy!

That picture of the almond tree is so beautiful and has me wishing for some warmth today. Just a few days ago it was HOT and today was a sweater-wearing day, and a crop freeze warning tonight. I’ll be dreaming of that almon tree tonight. ;-)

8. miriam says:

I pledged! and yes, it was Dark Passage that made me do it, even though my perfume budget is nonexistent. It was for a good cause! An artistic, indie, woman-centered….fragrant cause :)

I am considering trying to sample Miriam because it’s my name even though it doesn’t seem like ‘me’ in the description. All the new fragrances sound intriguing even when they don’t sound quite my cup of tea.

I think the display does make sense artistically and I hope it works out commercially too. It’s kind of like the inverse of smell-o-vision.

Donkeys?
    Have a great time in Italy!

9. jen says:

Hi Andy, did someone say lilacs and almond blossoms…oh boy, does that sound nice! Congratulations on everything you have going at the moment–it’s very exciting.

Fragrant greetings, AromaX, and YES! We made it. But it was actually not us, but you all making our dream come true and his is just wonderful, isn’t it ?

Fragrant greetings, Devon and thank you for your support. I hope very much that you will find the fragrances interesting! They are quite different to Miriam, and this is part of the fascination of thos line… Enjoy sweet almond blossom dreams!

Thank you Miriam! I appreciate your support very much, especially in a situation where the scent budget is close to zero!

Oh, es, Jen,
    This days my life is super thrilling and I have a lot going on… And on some things I have not even started talking… ;-)

Here it is so bright, Hotlanta Linda, that I should wear sunglasses, but I don’t as I enjoy the sun much too much!

15. Persolaise says:

High-tech Tauer! Wow!

Safe journeys, Andy. And enjoy MIlan :-)

Actually, I am quite often high tech these days :-) fragrant greetings over the channel, Persolaise

17. Bettina says:

Good morning Andy, assume you will post a picture once the display is up and running. I am looking forward to Dark Passage and Loretta of course. Got sidetracked yesterday by the beauty of the almond tree. nature seems to explode here which is good. Have a succesful trip to Milan

18. Stephan says:

Hope you had packed enough oats for the donkey to cross the alps.

19. Pär says:

Yes it’s good to see the goal being reached, though I opted for a lesser alternative, my budget said no. But then, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I can’t get everything. At least I hope I can expect some feedback on the dark beauty from you others here eventually…

And I hope you all enjoy the same great weather we’re having here on the swedish west coast. Cheers!

The donkeys made it, but now they are hungry and thirsty! :-)

21. Sebastiano says:

Hi Andy, maybe you mentioned it before but I missed it. Why did you decide not to participate in Esxence 2012 (and if I remember well even at the 2011 edition)?

22. ANDY says:

fragrant greetings, Sebastiano
    I personally think that one large show for my little brand is enough of an exposure and an investment. These shows are quite expensive and the Pitti worked better for me in 2011 and 2010. But I am always open and consider it every year again…

23. Isabeau says:

I have pledged and I can’t wait to sniff my three new fragrances!!! They all sound great!!