on my way to Milan

March 30th, 2012

Fragrant greetings, today from the train to Milan (again), where I will stay for a day, sleeping in an affordable hotel, and trying not to get homesick. It has been a while since I slept for a couple of days in a row at home.
But I do not want to complain. In the end, it was me who decided when to go where. Next week, on Monday, you will see me in Paris(again), where I am doing a little, but nice!, event with Antonio to officially launch the fragrance Miriam in Paris at Marie-Antoinette. Probably one of the cosiest selective perfumeries in Paris.
But first Milan. I am so looking forward to visiting Esxence. We decided again not to exhibit, we = me and my Italian importer. I am too small and cannot afford to present my fragrances twice a year. Although we would have great news for Italy to present: Tableau de Parfums, with Miriam, is ante portas in Italy.
And talking Tableau. Yes, we did it. Together with you. We reached our kickstarter goal. I thank all of you who pledged and supported us by sharing and by spreading the news. So this is over now and I am very happy that it all worked out so nicely. It will be my job to actually make these soaps and fill the Dark Passage and Loretta purse sprays.
I wonder how many mails I will get in the coming weeks wherein folks ask for a Dark Passage sample or a purse spray, on exceptional basis because they heard about it or missed the campaign. I have not really come up with a plan there. I will probably come up with a page on my site where I say no. Thus, I can reply to these requests by simply sending a link. You would not believe how many mails I still get where perfume lovers ask for Orris, my limited edition fragrance created a couple of years ago…. and yes: just in case you wonder, no chance. Orris is gone.
After all these kickstarter posts, I would like to end this post with a little note on hyacinth. I have a few blooming right now in my little garden. After running and packing and jumping forth and back all day yesterday, I took a few minutes off, sitting next to the pink beauty.It was simply amazing how leathery this scent seemed to me. A sweet spicy green creamy leathery scent.

10 Responses to “on my way to Milan”

1. Persolaise says:

Safe journeys, Andy. Say Ciao to Milano.

And as for hyacinths, I bought one this morning for a colleague who’s been very kind lately. I hope she likes it!

Be SAFE and WELL!! :-) Is your arm/shoulder doing ok w/ all the travel?? Maybe your ltd ed scents could come around for sale during December holidays only – THAT would be a special stocking stuffer!! :-) Italian Music Sounds – ANYTHING from the great band Live Tropical Fish!! ( Greetings from a WCLK Atlanta listener!)

3. Sebastiano says:

So good to know you are going to be at Esxence tomorrow! My girlfriend and I will be there too, hope we’ll have a chance to meet you! Have a nice trip.

4. breathesgelatin says:

Andy, I’m so thrilled the kickstarter made and I’ll be counting down the days until the orders ship! :)

5. Natalia says:

Yeeesss….I am also glad we did it. It’s a pleasure thinking that there is a tiny part of my effort in the Brian Pera’s teamwork :)

As for the Orris….Andy! I was among those who hoped and wrote letters to you:))…..you broke my heart twice:))) My hope wont die :) And you NEVER SAY NEVER:)I believe it’s NO today….but who knows….maybe the day after tomorrow..:) And in case just remember – I will be there with a big bag:))))))))))))))))))

Yes, Natalia
    in a sense, this is exactly it: All of you are a part of a larger team, working together, to make this happen!
    About Orris. Yes, still no. For today :-)

7. Stephen says:

My ‘Dark Passage’ is on the way – I ordered within seconds of getting the promotional email. But I’m scared in case I REALLY like it. (Don’t throw away the recipe, Andy!)

Fragrant greetings, Stephen
    I would never dare to through away a recipe :-)

I wish you a lovely day.

9. TimeaZsofia says:

Dear Andy,
    We have in our garden hyacint too, after reading your words I went out to smell it, and it has lethery scent indeed (or maybe a bit rubbery)! What a surprise!

Isn’t this amazing, TimeaZsofia?
    I wish you a lovely weekend